In honor of National Sunscreen Day, we wanted to give you some tips to keeping your skin safe while you vacation in the sunshine of Miami Beach!
1. Apply at least one ounce of sunscreen 15 – 30 minutes before going outside. One ounce is enough to fill a shot glass.
2. Make sure to use an SPF of 30 or higher that is broad spectrum.
3. Reapply every 2 hours, especially if you’re swimming or sweating.
4. Do not use sunscreen that is expired.
5. Limit your sun exposure between 10 AM to 4 PM as the sun’s rays are most intense during this time.
6. Wear sunglasses with 99% to 100% UV absorption.